What is precision machining? It is a process tha […]
What is precision machining? It is a process that uses a processing machine to change the external dimensions or performance of a workpiece. It can be divided into cold processing and hot processing.
It is generally processed at room temperature and does not cause chemical or physical phase changes of the workpiece, which is called cold processing. Generally, processing at a temperature higher or lower than normal temperature will cause the chemical or physical phase change of the workpiece, which is called hot processing. Cold processing can be divided into cutting processing and pressure processing according to the difference in processing methods. Thermal processing commonly includes heat treatment, forging, casting and welding.
The technological effect of precision machining has the following aspects:
1. The geometric shape and mutual position accuracy of the parts reach the micron or angular second level;
2. The limit of the part or the feature size tolerance is below microns;
3. The microscopic unevenness of the surface of the part (average height difference of surface unevenness) is less than 0.1 microns;
4. Mutual accessories can meet the requirements of cooperation;
5. Some parts can also meet the requirements of precise mechanics or other physical characteristics, such as the torsional stiffness of the torsion bar of the float gyroscope and the stiffness coefficient of the flexible element.
Precision machining is achieved under strict controlled environmental conditions using precision machine tools and precision measuring tools and gauges. Processing precision reaching and exceeding 0.1 microns is called ultra-precision machining. In the aerospace industry, precision machining is mainly used to process precision mechanical parts in aircraft control equipment, such as precision fittings in hydraulic and pneumatic servo mechanisms, gyroscope frames, housings, air float, liquid float bearing components and Floats, etc. Aircraft precision parts have a complex structure, low stiffness, and require high precision, and a large proportion of difficult-to-machine materials.