Cast iron Cast iron parts can be welded. At pres […]
Cast iron parts can be welded. At present, many cast iron parts, such as cast iron shells, boxes, bases, etc., have defects such as cracks, fractures and wear, which can be repaired by cast iron welding processes. The following two solutions can help you solve the welding problem of cast iron:
1. Welding repair of important iron castings.
If there are cracks or breaks in important iron castings, you are not sure about it, and it is recommended not to touch them. Don't listen to the use of stainless steel welding consumables to try on the Internet, so as not to cause complex heat-affected zones, produce more complex cracks, bring great troubles to repair, and even scrap workpieces, and most of them are scrapped. It is recommended to find a professional welding company. Tianjin Yingyuan Welding is recommended. There are many successful cases of cast iron welding.
2. Simple welding repair.
1. For some cast iron parts that are suitable for surfacing, wear, scratches, etc., you can try cold welding surfacing with Z308 or Z408. If surfacing is required on the working surface, the welding fusion line should be avoided in advance to avoid Difficult to process.
2. For the places where cracks, fractures, etc. of cast irons require welding strength, it is recommended to use cast iron welding consumables such as MG289 or MG210, which have very good welding performance, smooth welding, good forming, high strength, and good crack resistance. General welders can operate well. It is recommended to find Tianjin Yingyuan, and don't try to buy cheap fakes. Cast iron welding is a cast iron welding method that easily solves the damage problem of cast iron parts. The MG289 electrode can easily solve the problem of cracking and damage of cast iron parts. At present, in the machinery industry, there are countless large and small cast iron parts, and defects such as cracks, corrosion, abrasion, scratches, breaks, and losses often occur during the use of cast iron parts. The following cast iron welding methods can easily solve these problems and avoid the loss caused by replacement parts. Cold welded cast iron does not require preheating, and the process is relatively simple.
The following takes MG289 cast iron electrode as an example to explain in detail the process flow and precautions of cast iron welding.
1. If the cast iron parts have cracks, an angle grinder should be used to clean the cracks before welding, and the welding cracks should be ground.
2. If the cast iron parts have oil on the surface, flame grilling is required before welding. The grilling time can be controlled freely to ensure that the welding area does not contain oil on the surface and the inside.
3. Direct welding with MG289 electrode, the current is small.
4. During the welding process, control the temperature well, do not rush for success, but intermittent welding.
5. During the welding process, hit the weld bead with a hammer to release residual stress and avoid component cracking caused by stress accumulation.
6. After welding, it can be installed and used directly without any treatment.
7. Special attention: Cast iron welding is relatively sensitive, improper selection of welding materials or improper technology can easily cause the workpiece to crack, crack extension, or even irreparable. It is recommended not to hold the workpiece and use an unknown electrode before the welding process is determined. Welding experiment.
8. There are many fakes in the current welding consumables market. It is recommended to buy them through regular companies to avoid losses.