The main function of the gating system is to all […]
The main function of the gating system is to allow the molten metal to flow into the cavity. The design of a good gating system requires the basic principles of liquid flow. In order to avoid the entrainment of air and to ensure the integrity of the thin area of the casting, the flow rate of the metal-filled cavity should be reduced as much as possible. Typical gating systems include gate cups, runners, cross runners, and gates.
In order to avoid the shrinkage and shrinkage defects, thick and thick areas of the casting must be refilled during the solidification process, which is why the gate is set in the thicker and larger area of the casting in actual production.
The design of the gating system requires the following basic guidelines:
1. If the electric vehicle parts casting has multiple thicknesses and thicknesses, it is necessary to consider the design of multiple casting systems. This design is also suitable for casting large castings to shorten the filling time and avoid overheating of the molding sand at the runner.
2. It should be avoided to place the gate directly opposite the sand core or the molding wall. This design will cause the metal liquid to splash and pores.
3. The diameter ratio of the gate cup to the straight runner should make the entire pouring system in a full state during the filling process.
4. The pouring system should increase the flow rate on the basis of ensuring that the flow rate of the molten metal is small, which will help avoid turbulent flow of the molten metal and reduce the involvement of gas.
5. The design of the pouring system needs to ensure the sequential solidification of the castings.
6. For the design of the pouring system, the sudden change of the flow direction and the cross section should be avoided as much as possible.